Monday 30 May 2011

Friday 20th May - Port Quinn and Bedruthan Steps

Friday we decided to do a bit more of the local coast driving down mto Bedruthan steps which apart from being a fantastic beach is also my all time favourite National Trust Tea Room.

We drove to Port Quin

 We parked up and had a walk up to Doyden Point where I like the adult I am decided to have a panic attack and thought Bill was going to tumble over the cliff edge. Dont know why it must be an age thing of maybe I am just a little bit bonkers. There were several old mine shafts fenced off on top of the cliffs and we dropped a pebble in on and it to a long long time to hit the bottom.


Then we went off to Bedruthan Steps stopping on the way for a Coffee at a farm shop where we bought vital supplies St Endillion Brie, Cornish Honey and Strawberries. It was only afterwards I discovered the honey was £7 a jar fortunately it is really really nice honey.

At Bedruthan we had timed it just right lunch at the tea rooms and then the tide was out so we had the whole beach. We wandered around rocks and thru rocks and would you believe that I actually managed to lose Bill when he went thru a gap and I stopped to photograph some birds.

I have looked it up now and the little birds were Rock Pippits.

 The wind was blasting us so when I shouted for him he couldnt hear me. Then I met a lovely couple who when I asked if they had seen a spare man knew exactly who I meant.




That evening we tried for a meal at the Port William but with the clear sky and prospect of a lovely sunset we lucked out so went into Tintagel and managed to get 'A Pizza' and beoing ever tight fisted bought sweeties and beer from the local shop instead of dessert in the pub.

No comments: